March 01, 2005

Words From Iraq

Today is the 1st of March, the day of the teacher, in this day, we celebrate the teacher.. We went to the other school on foot, they made us stand on the second floor while the younger grades (1st, 2nd and 3rd) stood in the first floor (it's their school after all), at first, a girl read some verses of the Qura'an, then some girls said poetry.. Then, the mistress starting congratulating and giving gifts to the girls who had good marks in last year's final exams and this year's mid-year exams. Unlucky me, I was very close to the third girl on the 5th grade! I wasn't congratulated.. My friend was the first on the 5th grade, she was so happy about it and didn't expect it at all. Anyway, that wasn't a problem for me, I didn't expect to get anywhere any way, my dear Arabic teacher has made my average of marks much lower than it had to be! What made me sad was the teachers, every one who saw me asked me WHY I wasn't one of the first 3, what were they expecting me to say? I just said "What can I do?".. Going back to my school, I had to be the last one to leave the school because my shoes had some problem, so the English and Chemistry teacher walked me and my friend to school.. The Chemistry teacher has really big hopes on me, although I always make mistakes in her exams! She was telling me that I shouldn't be sad, and that I should concentrate a little bit because I always make dumb mistakes.. The English teacher (For my surprise) immediately agreed with her, she said "She's so great in English, but she makes some silly mistakes, although not very frequently", the last part relieved me, I've only made 2 mistakes in English exams this year.. One was in spelling, and the other was so.. I still can't figure out why it was wrong!!

Anyway, the gift our mistress gave to the students appeared to be some biscuits, this was a shock!

http://astarfrommosul.blogspot.com/2005/03/what-you-call-bad-luck-is-becoming-my.html

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home